- The common cockroach species in Singapore are the German cockroach (Blattellagermanica), American cockroach (Periplanetaamericana), Brown cockroach (Periplanetabrunnea) and Australia cockroach (Periplanetaaustralasiae).
- The life cycle consists of three stages: Egg, Nymph and Adult.
- Cockroaches like warm, dark and moist places and love to hide in cracks and crevices.
- Cockroaches feed on almost any food. They are active at night and come out to look for food and water.
- Adult cockroaches can live up to 5 to 10 months, depending on the species.
- One ootheca contains of 16, 24 or 30-40 eggs, depends on the species.
- Incubation period: 30 over days.
- Active sightings of cockroaches during daytime indicate heavy infestation.
Signs of infestation: egg capsules, persistent and nauseating odours, live cockroaches, carcasses, skin caste, part and pieces of cockroaches, and droppings.
Why Control Them?
- Spread diseases like cholera, diarrhoea, gastroenteritis, polio, dysentery, salmonella, and typhoid fever.
- People who are sensitive will get asthma and allergies.
- Unhealthy living conditions.
- Devastating to food establishment and industries.
- Violation of laws.
What we do:
- Perform a thorough inspection of the premises and locate cockroach activity.
- Carry out treatment - gel baiting, residual spraying, ULV misting and fogging (e.g. bin chute).
- Advise client on preventive measures, areas of improvement or maintanence for better pest management.