Listed on these pages are the pests commonly found in the tropical climate of Singapore.
>> Mosquito - Rodents - Flies - Cockroaches - Ants - Fleas - Bed bugs - Bees & Hornets - Snakes - Termites
- Flies have four stages in their life cycle: egg, larvae (maggot), pupa and adult. The development from egg to adult takes 8-20 days.
- Flies breed in almost any type of moist, warm organic material, like faeces, garbage, fertilizer, food waste, dead animal and other decomposed organic matter.
- Flies can fly 1-5 km away but are usually within a radius of 100-500m from the breeding place. They are active in the day and inactive at night.
- Commonly found species in Singapore: house flies, flesh flies and blow flies.
Signs of infestation: eggs, larvae (maggots), pupae and adults in breeding grounds.
Why Control Them?
- Transmit diseases such as dysentery, cholera, typhoid, conjunctivitis, trachoma, enteric disease, myiasis.
- Unhealthy living conditions.
- Devastating to food establishments and industries.
- Violation of laws.
What we do:
- Inspection will be carried out to detect fly infestation within contracted area.
- A combination of fogging, ULV misting, residual spraying, trapping and baiting will be used to reduce fly infestation.
- Supply & maintenance of Insect Light Traps for controlling of flying insects.
- Advise client on fly exclusion against infestation and good environmental sanitation, where possible.