Listed on these pages are the pests commonly found in the tropical climate of Singapore.
>> Mosquito - Rodents - Flies - Cockroaches - Ants - Fleas - Bed bugs - Bees & Hornets - Snakes - Termites
- The mosquito has 4 stages in their life cycle, namely egg, larva, pupa and adult.
- The adult is an active flying insect, while the larvae and pupae are aquatic and occur only in water.
- A Complete life cycle will normally take from 7 - 10 days (variation depends on the species of mosquitoes and the environment conditions such as temperature, humidity and food).
- Depending on the species, a female mosquito lays between 30 to 300 eggs at a time.
- The adult mosquito can live for 3 weeks to a month.
- Different species have different host preference, biting habits, resting habits and breeding habitats. These behaviours are important when considering the choice of control methods.
- Mosquito species commonly found in Singapore include:
Signs of infestation: flying adults, larvae/pupae in stagnant water.
Why Control Them?
- Transmit diseases such as Dengue Fever, Malaria, Chikungunya, Yellow Fever, Filariasis and Japanese encephalitis
- Cause nuisance, as they bite people
- Reduce the fun of outdoor recreational activities
- Violation of laws (heavy fine, stop work order)
What we do:
- Inspection of the contracted area for mosquito breeding habitats /potential mosquito breeding habitats.
- Larviciding will be carried out on breeding habitats / potential breeding habitats.
- Other chemical methods will be used as a complementary control measure, for example ULV or thermal fogging will be carried out when the adult mosquito population is detected.
- Advise client on structural enhancement, removing of potential breeding habitats, where possible.